Shelley G. Cole, M.D. Posted February 17, 2020
Introducing Ozone Therapy to Central Texas
WHAT IS OZONE?
Ozone, O3, is made from three oxygen atoms instead of two. Ozone is a supercharged oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties. Ozone is what makes the sky blue.
Ozone therapy heals and detoxifies at the same time. It used in the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Lyme disease, chronic hepatitis, herpes, chronic fatigue states, chemical sensitivity, macular degeneration, chronic bladder conditions, colitis, auto-immune diseases, and Crohn’s disease.
Medical use of ozone is common throughout Europe.
OZONE IS SAFE.
Ozone is found naturally in the body. It’s safety and effectiveness is unparalleled in medical practice.
HOW DOES OZONE WORK?
- Ozone boost mitochondrial function, the energy center of the cell. Decline in energy is the underlying cause all degenerative disease, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- Ozone is a regulator of the immune system. Ozone will calm it down as seen with inflammation & autoimmune conditions. When the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. Ozone stimulates immune messengers such as gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can used easier by the cell. Deficiency in DPG is an especially common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation.
- Ozone is a potent antioxidant. Most people with have deficiencies that lead to aging and chronic disease.
HOW IS OZONE USED MEDICALLY?
Infections. “Ozone therapy has proven to be one of the strongest antiseptics against the majority of microorganisms involved in skin infections.” Ozone is ideal therapy for wound infections and infections. Ozone kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa. With antibiotic resistance at an all time high, Ozone therapy is a perfect natural solution to treat infections in the body.
“Bone on bone” joint conditions. Ozone can be used in joints to help heal the joint, even if it is a “bone on bone” situation. Ozone helps relieve pain and heal the joint. Ozone is not a steroid injection, so it is safe to use. Stems cells and fibroblast are stimulated to help heal the joint. It is indeed a safe alternative to surgery or steroid injections.
Rectal therapy. Rectal therapy is especially helpful for fatty liver conditions that affect 1 in 3 adults. It can also be a beneficial treatment for diabetes and obesity. Treatment rectally may not seem appealing, but it very simple and painless.
Intravenous IV autotherapy is one of the most effective ways ozone is administered. Ozonated blood is removed then returned to the body intravenously. The entire procedure takes about 30-40 minutes.
IS OZONE THERAPY FOR ME?
Because of its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
“It is invaluable in the treatment of heart disease and circulatory disorders. Chronic infections such as hepatitis-C, herpes, Lyme, and AIDS respond very favorably to ozone. It is also very helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases.” Frank Shallenberger, MD, HMD, ABAAM
Ozone is not a magic bullet. It must be used in conjunction with healthy lifestyle choices to yield the greatest benefit. In most cases it needs to be combined with alternative and natural therapies, such as nutrition and detoxification.
For more information on Ozone, go here.
Elvis AM, Ekta JS. Ozone therapy: A clinical review. J Nat Sci Biol Med. 2011;2(1):66–70. doi:10.4103/0976-9668.82319
Rowen RJ. Ozone therapy as a primary and sole treatment for acute bacterial infection: case report. Med Gas Res. 2018;8(3):121–124. Published 2018 Sep 25. doi:10.4103/2045-9912.241078